Stainless Steel Grooved Pipe Coupling 2'' DN50mm 600psi (4.0Mpa)
1. Available Size:
* 3/4'' - 12'' ( DN20-DN300mm)
2. Maximum Working Pressure :
* 600 CHINAMFG ( 40 bar)
* working pressure dependent on material, wall thickness and size of pipe .
* Provides a flexible pipe joint which allows for expansion, contraction and deflection
* This product joints standard Sch 40S cut grooved pipe
* Suit for pipeline medium including cold water, hot water, rare acid, Oil-free air and chemical
Body Material : SS304, SS316, SS316L, SS CE8MN, SS Duplex 2204, SS Duplex 2507
Rubber Sealing : EPDM
Bolt & Nut : SS304, SS316
5. Dimension Sheet :
Typical for all sizes
|Model S30 Stainless Steel Flexible Coupling|
|Nominal Size||Pipe O.D||Working Pressure||Pipe End Separation||Coupling Dimensions||Coupling Bolts|
|20 3/4||26.9 1.050||600 42||0-1.6 0-0.06||47 1.850||87 3.425||43 1.693||2||M10x40|
|25 1||32 1.260||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||53 2.087||90 3.543||43 1.693||2||M10x45|
|32 1 1/4||38 1.496||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||58 2.283||94 3.700||44 1.732||2||M10x45|
|32 1 1/4||42.4 1.660||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||62 2.441||106 4.173||44 1.732||2||M10x45|
|40 1 1/2||48.3 1.900||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||67 2.638||106 4.173||43 1.693||2||M10x45|
|50 2||57 2.244||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||77 3.031||116 4.567||43 1.693||2||M10x50|
|50 2||60.3 2.375||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||78 3.071||117 4.606||43 1.693||2||M10x50|
|65 2 1/2||73 2.875||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||94 3.700||134 5.275||44 1.732||2||M10x50|
|65 2 1/2||76.1 3.000||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||94 3.700||134 5.275||44 1.732||2||M10x50|
|80 3||88.9 3.500||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||110 4.330||150 5.905||45 1.771||2||M10x50|
|100 4||108 4.250||450 31||0-3.2 0-0.13||135 5.315||184 7.244||47 1.850||2||M12x60|
|100 4||114 4.500||450 31||0-3.2 0-0.13||139 5.472||190 7.480||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|125 5||133 5.250||400 28||0-3.2 0-0.13||164 6.456||215 8.465||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|125 5||141.3 5.563||400 28||0-3.2 0-0.13||168 6.614||215 8.465||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|150 6||159 6.259||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||190 7.480||240 9.448||49 1.929||2||M12x70|
|150 6||168.3 6.625||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||198 7.795||246 9.685||49 1.929||2||M12x70|
|200 8||219.1 8.625||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||253 9.961||318 12.519||57 2.244||2||M12x70|
|250 10||273 10.750||300 21||0-3.2 0-0.13||315 12.401||396 15.590||59 2.322||2||M20x110|
|300 12||323.9 12.750||300 21||0-3.2 0-0.13||372 14.645||452 17.795||60 2.362||2||M20x110|
What are the real-world applications of flexible couplings in various industries?
Flexible couplings are widely used in a variety of industries to transmit power and motion between rotating shafts while accommodating misalignments and reducing vibrations. Some of the real-world applications of flexible couplings include:
- Industrial Machinery: Flexible couplings are extensively used in industrial machinery such as pumps, compressors, fans, mixers, and conveyors. They help transmit power from motors to driven equipment, while absorbing misalignments and reducing shock loads and vibrations.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, flexible couplings are used in various applications, including drive shafts, steering systems, and engine accessories. They help transmit power and motion while allowing for misalignment and reducing torsional vibrations.
- Aerospace: In aircraft and aerospace applications, flexible couplings are used in engine systems, landing gear, and flight control systems. They provide reliable power transmission while accommodating misalignment and reducing vibrations in the demanding aerospace environment.
- Marine: Flexible couplings are used in marine propulsion systems to connect the engine to the propeller shaft. They help transmit power and motion while compensating for shaft misalignment and reducing vibrations in marine vessels.
- Renewable Energy: In wind turbines and solar tracking systems, flexible couplings are used to transfer power and motion between the turbine or solar panel and the generator. They allow for misalignment caused by wind and sun direction changes, ensuring optimal energy conversion.
- Oil and Gas: In the oil and gas industry, flexible couplings are used in pumps, compressors, and drilling equipment. They provide reliable power transmission while accommodating misalignments and reducing vibrations in harsh and demanding oilfield environments.
- Mining and Construction: Flexible couplings are used in heavy-duty mining and construction equipment, including excavators, bulldozers, and loaders. They help transmit power from engines to drive systems while compensating for misalignments and reducing vibrations in rugged and challenging environments.
- Food and Beverage: In food processing and packaging machinery, flexible couplings are used to transmit power and motion while meeting strict hygiene and safety requirements. They help prevent contamination while accommodating shaft misalignments.
- Medical Equipment: Flexible couplings are used in medical devices and equipment, including imaging machines and robotic surgical systems. They help transmit motion and power while reducing vibrations and maintaining precision.
- Textile Industry: In textile manufacturing machines, flexible couplings are used in spinning, weaving, and dyeing processes. They help transmit power efficiently while accommodating misalignments and reducing vibrations during high-speed operation.
These are just a few examples of the diverse applications of flexible couplings in various industries. Their ability to enhance power transmission efficiency, accommodate misalignments, and reduce vibrations makes them a versatile and indispensable component in modern machinery and equipment.
Can flexible couplings be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns?
Flexible couplings can be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns, but the selection of the appropriate coupling is crucial to ensure reliable performance and longevity under these extreme conditions. Here are some key considerations:
- Material Selection: The choice of materials is critical when using flexible couplings in high-temperature applications. Look for couplings made from heat-resistant materials that can withstand the elevated temperatures without experiencing significant degradation. Common materials used for high-temperature couplings include stainless steel, high-temperature alloys, and certain types of elastomers designed for heat resistance.
- Lubrication: High temperatures can cause lubricants to break down or evaporate more quickly. Some flexible couplings may require specialized high-temperature lubricants to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear at elevated temperatures. Check the manufacturer's recommendations for lubrication in high-temperature environments.
- Thermal Expansion: In high-temperature applications, the equipment and shafts may experience thermal expansion, leading to misalignment. Flexible couplings with higher misalignment capabilities may be necessary to accommodate these thermal effects and prevent additional stress on the system.
- Torsional Stiffness: Consider the required torsional stiffness for the specific application. In high-temperature environments, couplings may experience changes in stiffness due to temperature variations. It is essential to choose a coupling with appropriate torsional characteristics for the intended operating temperature range.
- Application Specifics: Evaluate the specific operating conditions of the furnace or kiln, including the maximum and fluctuating temperatures, vibration levels, and potential exposure to chemicals or other harsh elements. Choose a coupling that can withstand these conditions without compromising performance or safety.
- Coupling Type: Different types of flexible couplings offer varying degrees of heat resistance and performance capabilities. For example, certain types of disc couplings or metal bellows couplings are more suitable for high-temperature environments due to their robust construction and resistance to heat.
- Regular Maintenance: In high-temperature applications, couplings may be subject to more stress and wear. Regular inspection and maintenance are essential to monitor the coupling's condition, lubrication, and alignment to ensure it continues to function optimally in the challenging environment.
Overall, flexible couplings can be utilized in high-temperature environments, but it is vital to choose a coupling specifically designed and rated for these conditions. Working closely with coupling manufacturers and considering the specific demands of the application will help ensure that the selected coupling can handle the challenges posed by furnaces, kilns, and other high-temperature equipment, providing reliable power transmission and contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of the system.
How do flexible couplings compare to other types of couplings in terms of performance?
Flexible couplings offer distinct advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, making them suitable for specific applications. Here is a comparison of flexible couplings with other commonly used coupling types in terms of performance:
- Rigid Couplings:
Rigid couplings are simple in design and provide a solid connection between two shafts, allowing for precise torque transmission. They do not offer any flexibility and are unable to compensate for misalignment. As a result, rigid couplings require accurate shaft alignment during installation, and any misalignment can lead to premature wear and increased stress on connected equipment. Rigid couplings are best suited for applications where shaft alignment is precise, and misalignment is minimal, such as in well-aligned systems with short shaft spans.
- Flexible Couplings:
Flexible couplings, as discussed previously, excel at compensating for misalignment between shafts. They offer angular, parallel, and axial misalignment compensation, reducing stress on connected components and ensuring smooth power transmission. Flexible couplings are versatile and can handle various applications, from light-duty to heavy-duty, where misalignment, vibration damping, or shock absorption is a concern. They provide a cost-effective solution for many industrial, automotive, and machinery applications.
- Oldham Couplings:
Oldham couplings are effective at compensating for angular misalignment while maintaining constant velocity transmission. They offer low backlash and electrical isolation between shafts, making them suitable for precision motion control and applications where electrical interference must be minimized. However, Oldham couplings have limited capacity to handle parallel or axial misalignment, and they may not be suitable for applications with high torque requirements.
- Gear Couplings:
Gear couplings are robust and can handle high torque levels, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications such as mining and steel mills. They offer good misalignment compensation and have a compact design. However, gear couplings are relatively more expensive and complex than some other coupling types, and they may generate more noise during operation.
- Disc Couplings:
Disc couplings provide excellent misalignment compensation, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. They have high torsional stiffness, making them ideal for applications where accurate torque transmission is critical. Disc couplings offer low inertia and are suitable for high-speed applications. However, they may be more sensitive to shaft misalignment during installation, requiring precise alignment for optimal performance.
The choice of coupling type depends on the specific requirements of the application. Flexible couplings excel in compensating for misalignment and vibration damping, making them versatile and cost-effective solutions for many applications. However, in situations where high torque, precision, or specific electrical isolation is necessary, other coupling types such as gear couplings, disc couplings, or Oldham couplings may be more suitable. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance of the coupling are essential to ensure optimal performance and reliability in any mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-10-06