XL Types High-Pressure Rubber Flexible Spider Jaw Coupling
XL Type Flexible Spider Jaw Coupling comprises a convex claw block that can be avoided due to external constraints, internal deformation, and centrifugal impact deformation; in concave-convex claw, the pressure on the surface of the involute tooth is very small, even under overload, the tooth will not wear or deformation.
Flexible jaw couplings are used in power transmission of industrial equipment such as metallurgy, mining, lifting, transportation, petroleum, chemical industry, shipbuilding, textile, light industry, agricultural machinery, and industrial equipment such as pumps, fans, compressors, machine tools, gearboxes, mixers, printing machines, and conveyors.
Easy to install;
Compensate displacement (axial, radial, angular);
XL Star Type Flexible Coupling Main Dimension:
|Shaft hole diameter||L||D||D1||B1||S|
♦Other Products List
|Universal Coupling||WS, WSD, WSP|
|Cardan Shaft||SWC, SWP, SWZ|
|Tooth Coupling||CL, CLZ, GCLD, GIICL,
GICL, NGCL, GGCL, GCLK
|Disc Coupling||JMI, JMIJ, JMII, JMIIJ|
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of "quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers" for the management and "zero defect, zero complaints" as the quality objective. To perfect our service, we provide products of good quality at a reasonable price.
Welcome to customize products from our factory and please provide your design drawings or contact us if you need other requirements.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in coupling relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artwork in PDF or AI format.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order then the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How extended is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What's your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
What are the real-world applications of flexible couplings in various industries?
Flexible couplings are widely used in a variety of industries to transmit power and motion between rotating shafts while accommodating misalignments and reducing vibrations. Some of the real-world applications of flexible couplings include:
- Industrial Machinery: Flexible couplings are extensively used in industrial machinery such as pumps, compressors, fans, mixers, and conveyors. They help transmit power from motors to driven equipment, while absorbing misalignments and reducing shock loads and vibrations.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, flexible couplings are used in various applications, including drive shafts, steering systems, and engine accessories. They help transmit power and motion while allowing for misalignment and reducing torsional vibrations.
- Aerospace: In aircraft and aerospace applications, flexible couplings are used in engine systems, landing gear, and flight control systems. They provide reliable power transmission while accommodating misalignment and reducing vibrations in the demanding aerospace environment.
- Marine: Flexible couplings are used in marine propulsion systems to connect the engine to the propeller shaft. They help transmit power and motion while compensating for shaft misalignment and reducing vibrations in marine vessels.
- Renewable Energy: In wind turbines and solar tracking systems, flexible couplings are used to transfer power and motion between the turbine or solar panel and the generator. They allow for misalignment caused by wind and sun direction changes, ensuring optimal energy conversion.
- Oil and Gas: In the oil and gas industry, flexible couplings are used in pumps, compressors, and drilling equipment. They provide reliable power transmission while accommodating misalignments and reducing vibrations in harsh and demanding oilfield environments.
- Mining and Construction: Flexible couplings are used in heavy-duty mining and construction equipment, including excavators, bulldozers, and loaders. They help transmit power from engines to drive systems while compensating for misalignments and reducing vibrations in rugged and challenging environments.
- Food and Beverage: In food processing and packaging machinery, flexible couplings are used to transmit power and motion while meeting strict hygiene and safety requirements. They help prevent contamination while accommodating shaft misalignments.
- Medical Equipment: Flexible couplings are used in medical devices and equipment, including imaging machines and robotic surgical systems. They help transmit motion and power while reducing vibrations and maintaining precision.
- Textile Industry: In textile manufacturing machines, flexible couplings are used in spinning, weaving, and dyeing processes. They help transmit power efficiently while accommodating misalignments and reducing vibrations during high-speed operation.
These are just a few examples of the diverse applications of flexible couplings in various industries. Their ability to enhance power transmission efficiency, accommodate misalignments, and reduce vibrations makes them a versatile and indispensable component in modern machinery and equipment.
What are the maintenance intervals and practices for extending the life of a flexible coupling?
Proper maintenance of a flexible coupling is essential to ensure its longevity and reliable performance. The maintenance intervals and practices for flexible couplings may vary depending on the coupling type, application, and operating conditions. Here are some general maintenance guidelines to extend the life of a flexible coupling:
- Regular Inspection: Conduct visual inspections of the coupling regularly to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, corrosion, or any other visible issues.
- Lubrication: Some flexible couplings may require periodic lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Refer to the manufacturer's guidelines for the appropriate lubrication type and schedule.
- Alignment Checks: Ensure that the connected shafts remain properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling and other components.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels in the system and ensure they are within the coupling's rated capacity. Excessive torque can overload the coupling and cause damage.
- Temperature and Environmental Considerations: Ensure that the operating temperatures and environmental conditions are within the coupling's specified limits. Extreme temperatures, aggressive chemicals, or corrosive environments can impact the coupling's performance.
- Inspection After Shock Loads: If the system experiences shock loads or unexpected impacts, inspect the coupling for any signs of damage immediately.
- Replace Damaged or Worn Couplings: If any damage or wear is detected during inspections, replace the flexible coupling promptly to avoid potential failures.
- Periodic Re-Tightening: For certain coupling designs, periodic re-tightening of fasteners may be necessary to maintain proper clamping force.
- Follow Manufacturer's Guidelines: Always follow the maintenance instructions provided by the coupling manufacturer. They can provide specific recommendations based on the coupling model and application.
It is crucial to develop a maintenance plan specific to the application and coupling type. Regularly scheduled maintenance, adherence to recommended practices, and proactive inspection can help identify issues early and prevent costly breakdowns. Additionally, record-keeping of maintenance activities can provide valuable data on the coupling's performance and aid in future maintenance decisions.
Can you explain the different types of flexible coupling designs available?
There are several types of flexible coupling designs available, each with its unique construction and characteristics. These designs are tailored to meet specific application requirements and address different types of misalignment and torque transmission needs. Here are some of the most common types of flexible couplings:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings consist of two hubs with curved jaws and an elastomer spider placed between them. The spider acts as a flexible element and can compensate for angular and parallel misalignment. Jaw couplings are widely used in various industrial applications due to their simple design and effectiveness in handling misalignment and vibration damping.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs with a series of alternating slits and flanges to connect the shafts. The disc coupling design allows for excellent misalignment compensation, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Disc couplings are known for their high torsional stiffness and precise torque transmission capabilities.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings consist of toothed hubs connected by an external sleeve with gear teeth. They are well-suited for applications with high torque and moderate misalignment. Gear couplings offer good misalignment compensation and high torque capacity, making them popular in heavy-duty industrial applications.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, often a metal beam, to connect the shafts. The material's flexibility allows for angular and axial misalignment compensation. Beam couplings are compact, lightweight, and provide low inertia, making them suitable for applications with high-speed requirements.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings consist of a bellows-like flexible structure that connects the two hubs. They can compensate for angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Bellows couplings are known for their high torsional stiffness and ability to maintain constant velocity transmission.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot. This design allows for angular misalignment compensation while transmitting torque between the hubs. Oldham couplings are often used when electrical isolation between shafts is required.
Each flexible coupling design has its strengths and limitations, and the choice depends on factors such as the application's torque requirements, misalignment conditions, operating environment, and speed. Proper selection of the coupling type ensures optimal performance, efficiency, and reliability in various mechanical systems and rotating machinery.
editor by CX 2023-10-21