Kaeser 5.3129.3 Flexible Elastomeric Coupling Parts
Capscrews: Standard Imperial
Coupling Size(s): E30
Coupling Style: Close Coupled
Element Material: Urethane (Orange)
Element Style: High Misalignment
Shoe Coating: Standard Coating
Allowable Distance Between Shaft Ends: 0.25 in- 2.50 in (6mm - 64mm)
Continuous Torque Rating: 3,650Ib-in/412Nm
Coupling Type: Elastomeric
Major Diameter of Coupling: 8.25 in/ 210mm
Maximum Speed Rating: 5,800 RPM
Omega E Series Flexible Elements size(s) E30 close coupled style with standard imperial and standard shoe coating in Urethane (Orange) material for elastomeric couplings.
Now over 100,000 quality filters including compressed air filters, Hydraulic Filters and complete filter housing assemblies at wholesale discounts. We offer OEM products as well as high quality replacements, engineered to precise OEM specifications and guaranteed to match the exact form, fit and function as the original equipment. Our company is committed to continuous innovation and further improvement to create, improve the efficiency and productivity of excellence, to achieve the highest level of reliability and performance.
Q1. What is your product range?
A: Our products cover replacement hydraulic filter, Air compressor filters, Compressed air filter element, Heavy truck insert filters, Vacuum pump filters, and Some spare parts for compressors.
Q2. Is customized filter or OEM available?
A: Yes, just offer your required specifications and drawings.
Q3. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build new molds, but open new mold fee charged, when you place bulk order, the mold fee can return back.
Q4. What's your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in neutral boxes,outside brown carton cases. If you have legally registered patent, we can pack the goods in your branded boxes after getting your authorization letters.
Q5. What's the terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We'll show you the photos of the products and packages before you pay the balancing.
Q6. What's your terms of delivery?
A: (1)FOB (2)CFR (3)CIF.
Q7. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, under MOQ quantity take 5-7 working days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends on models and the quantity of your order.
Q8. What's your sample policy?
How does a flexible coupling contribute to the longevity of connected equipment?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in enhancing the longevity of connected equipment in various ways. It acts as a mechanical interface between two shafts, connecting them while accommodating misalignment, dampening vibrations, and transmitting torque. Here's how a flexible coupling contributes to the longevity of connected equipment:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary functions of a flexible coupling is to compensate for both angular and parallel misalignment between two shafts. Misalignment can occur due to various factors, including thermal expansion, assembly errors, or settling of foundation, which can exert excessive stress on the connected equipment. By allowing misalignment, the flexible coupling reduces the stress transmitted to the shafts and connected components, preventing premature wear and failure.
- Shock and Vibration Dampening: Flexible couplings are designed to absorb shocks and dampen vibrations that occur during operation. Vibrations and shocks can be detrimental to connected equipment, leading to fatigue, wear, and premature failure of components. The coupling acts as a buffer, reducing the impact of vibrations and protecting the equipment from potential damage.
- Reduced Stress Concentration: A rigid coupling can create stress concentration points on the shafts, leading to fatigue and cracking over time. Flexible couplings distribute the load more evenly along the shafts, reducing stress concentration and minimizing the risk of failure.
- Transmitting Torque Smoothly: Flexible couplings transmit torque from one shaft to another smoothly, without introducing sudden torque spikes or shocks. This even torque transfer prevents sudden loading on connected equipment, minimizing the risk of damage or accelerated wear on gears, bearings, and other components.
- Controlling Torsional Vibrations: In systems where torsional vibrations are a concern, certain types of flexible couplings are designed to address this issue. These couplings help control torsional vibrations, which can be damaging to the equipment and cause premature failure.
- Thermal Expansion Compensation: When the equipment operates at different temperatures, thermal expansion can lead to misalignment between the shafts. A flexible coupling can accommodate the thermal expansion, ensuring that the connected equipment remains aligned and preventing stress on the components.
- Isolation from External Forces: External forces like impact loads or shaft disturbances can affect the connected equipment. A flexible coupling isolates the equipment from these external forces, protecting it from potential damage.
By providing these essential functions, a flexible coupling helps extend the lifespan of connected equipment by reducing wear and tear, preventing premature failures, and ensuring smooth, reliable operation. The longevity of the connected equipment ultimately results in reduced maintenance costs and increased productivity.
How does a flexible coupling accommodate changes in shaft alignment due to thermal expansion?
Flexible couplings are designed to accommodate changes in shaft alignment that occur due to thermal expansion in rotating machinery. When equipment operates at elevated temperatures, the materials used in the shafts and other components expand, causing shifts in the relative positions of the connected shafts. This thermal expansion can lead to misalignment, which, if not addressed, may result in additional stress on the equipment and premature wear.
Flexible couplings employ specific design features that allow them to handle thermal-induced misalignment effectively:
- Flexibility: The primary feature of a flexible coupling is its ability to flex and deform to some extent. This flexibility allows the coupling to absorb small amounts of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment that may result from thermal expansion. As the shafts expand or contract, the flexible coupling compensates for the misalignment, helping to maintain proper alignment between the two shafts.
- Radial Clearance: Some flexible couplings, such as elastomeric couplings, have radial clearance between the coupling's mating parts. This radial clearance provides additional room for the shafts to move laterally during thermal expansion without creating excessive forces on the coupling or connected equipment.
- Sliding Elements: Certain flexible couplings feature sliding elements that can move relative to each other. This capability allows the coupling to accommodate axial displacement resulting from thermal expansion or other factors.
- Flexible Element Materials: The materials used in the flexible elements of the coupling are chosen for their ability to handle the temperature range experienced in the application. Elastomeric materials, for example, can be selected to withstand high temperatures while still maintaining their flexibility.
It is essential to understand that while flexible couplings can compensate for some degree of thermal-induced misalignment, there are limits to their capabilities. If the thermal expansion exceeds the coupling's compensating range, additional measures, such as incorporating expansion joints or using specialized couplings designed for greater misalignment compensation, may be necessary.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with potential thermal expansion, it is crucial to consider the expected operating temperature range and the level of misalignment that may occur due to thermal effects. Working with coupling manufacturers and consulting coupling catalogs can help in choosing the most suitable coupling type and size for the specific thermal conditions of the machinery.
Can flexible couplings accommodate high torque and high-speed applications?
Yes, flexible couplings can accommodate both high torque and high-speed applications, but the suitability depends on the specific design and material of the flexible coupling. Different types of flexible couplings have varying torque and speed capacities, and it's crucial to select the right type of coupling based on the application requirements.
High Torque Applications:
Some flexible couplings, such as gear couplings and disc couplings, are designed to handle high torque levels. Gear couplings consist of toothed hubs that mesh with each other, providing a robust and efficient torque transmission. They are commonly used in heavy-duty industrial applications, such as steel mills, mining equipment, and power generation plants, where high torque loads are prevalent.
Disc couplings are also suitable for high torque applications. They use a series of flexible metal discs that can handle significant torque while compensating for misalignment. Disc couplings are often used in high-speed machinery and critical applications where precise torque transmission is essential.
Flexible couplings can also be used in high-speed applications. For instance, certain disc couplings, elastomeric couplings, and grid couplings are capable of handling high rotational speeds. These couplings have low inertia, which means they can respond quickly to changes in speed and provide efficient power transmission at high RPMs.
Elastomeric couplings, such as jaw couplings and tire couplings, are commonly used in various industrial applications, including pumps, compressors, and fans, where both torque and speed requirements are high. They offer good flexibility and damping properties, making them suitable for applications with high-speed variations and vibrations.
When selecting a flexible coupling for high torque and high-speed applications, several factors should be considered:
- The torque and speed ratings provided by the coupling manufacturer should be checked to ensure they meet or exceed the application's requirements.
- The design and materials of the coupling should be suitable for the specific operating conditions, including temperature, environment, and potential exposure to corrosive substances.
- Proper alignment and installation of the coupling are critical to ensure optimal performance and prevent premature wear.
- In some cases, it may be necessary to use additional components, such as torque limiters or speed reducers, to protect the coupling and the connected equipment from excessive loads or speed fluctuations.
In conclusion, flexible couplings can indeed accommodate high torque and high-speed applications, but the appropriate coupling type and proper selection are essential to ensure reliable and efficient performance in these demanding conditions.
editor by CX 2023-08-09