XL Types High-Pressure Rubber Flexible Spider Jaw Coupling
XL Type Flexible Spider Jaw Coupling comprises a convex claw block that can be avoided due to external constraints, internal deformation, and centrifugal impact deformation; in concave-convex claw, the pressure on the surface of the involute tooth is very small, even under overload, the tooth will not wear or deformation.
Flexible jaw couplings are used in power transmission of industrial equipment such as metallurgy, mining, lifting, transportation, petroleum, chemical industry, shipbuilding, textile, light industry, agricultural machinery, and industrial equipment such as pumps, fans, compressors, machine tools, gearboxes, mixers, printing machines, and conveyors.
Easy to install;
Compensate displacement (axial, radial, angular);
XL Star Type Flexible Coupling Main Dimension:
|Shaft hole diameter||L||D||D1||B1||S|
♦Other Products List
|Universal Coupling||WS, WSD, WSP|
|Cardan Shaft||SWC, SWP, SWZ|
|Tooth Coupling||CL, CLZ, GCLD, GIICL,
GICL, NGCL, GGCL, GCLK
|Disc Coupling||JMI, JMIJ, JMII, JMIIJ|
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of "quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers" for the management and "zero defect, zero complaints" as the quality objective. To perfect our service, we provide products of good quality at a reasonable price.
Welcome to customize products from our factory and please provide your design drawings or contact us if you need other requirements.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in coupling relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artwork in PDF or AI format.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order then the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How extended is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What's your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
How does a flexible coupling deal with backlash and torsional stiffness?
A flexible coupling deals with backlash and torsional stiffness in the following ways:
- Backlash: Backlash refers to the play or clearance between mating teeth in mechanical systems. In certain couplings, such as gear couplings, some degree of backlash is unavoidable due to the space between the teeth. However, flexible couplings with elastomeric or beam-type elements typically have minimal to no backlash. The flexibility of these elements allows them to maintain continuous contact and transmit torque smoothly without any gaps or play between components.
- Torsional Stiffness: Torsional stiffness is the ability of a coupling to resist rotational deformation or twisting under torque. It is essential to have adequate torsional stiffness in some applications to ensure accurate motion transmission and responsiveness. Flexible couplings exhibit a balance between torsional stiffness and flexibility. While they allow for a degree of angular and parallel misalignment, they still possess sufficient torsional stiffness to transmit most of the torque efficiently. This characteristic helps maintain the precision of motion control systems and prevents power losses due to deformation.
The design and materials used in flexible couplings contribute to their ability to address both backlash and torsional stiffness effectively. Here are some key features:
- Elastomeric Elements: Couplings with elastomeric elements, such as rubber or polyurethane, provide excellent flexibility to absorb misalignments and dampen vibrations. They also exhibit minimal backlash as the elastomeric material maintains continuous contact between the coupling components.
- Beam-Type Couplings: Beam-type couplings use thin metal beams to transmit torque. These couplings offer high torsional stiffness while still accommodating misalignments. The beams can flex slightly under torque, absorbing shocks and compensating for misalignment without compromising torsional rigidity.
- Composite Couplings: Some flexible couplings use composite materials that combine the advantages of different materials to achieve specific performance characteristics. These composites can offer low backlash and precise torsional stiffness, making them suitable for demanding applications.
- High-Quality Manufacturing: The precision manufacturing of flexible couplings ensures that components fit together with minimal clearances, reducing backlash. Additionally, high-quality materials contribute to better torsional stiffness and overall performance.
Overall, flexible couplings strike a balance between flexibility to accommodate misalignments and sufficient torsional stiffness to transmit torque efficiently. By effectively addressing backlash and torsional stiffness, these couplings contribute to the smooth and reliable operation of various mechanical systems.
How does a flexible coupling handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery?
A flexible coupling is designed to handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery by providing a degree of flexibility and damping. Torsional vibrations are oscillations that occur in the drivetrain due to torque variations, sudden load changes, or other transient events. These vibrations can lead to resonance, excessive stress, and premature failure of components.
Flexible couplings mitigate torsional vibrations through the following mechanisms:
- Torsional Compliance: Flexible couplings have an element, such as an elastomeric insert, that can deform or twist to absorb torsional shocks. When the drivetrain experiences torsional vibrations, the flexible element flexes, effectively isolating and dampening the vibrations before they propagate further.
- Damping: Many flexible couplings have inherent damping properties, especially those with elastomeric components. Damping dissipates the energy of the torsional vibrations, reducing their amplitude and preventing resonance from occurring.
- Tuned Design: Some flexible couplings are specifically designed with specific torsional characteristics to match the drivetrain's requirements. By tuning the coupling's stiffness and damping properties, engineers can ensure optimal torsional vibration control.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible couplings provide flexibility to absorb vibrations, they also offer a degree of torsional stiffness to maintain the torque transmission efficiency between the shafts.
It is important to select the appropriate flexible coupling based on the specific torsional characteristics and requirements of the rotating machinery. Different applications may demand different types of couplings with varying levels of flexibility and damping. High-performance flexible couplings can effectively minimize torsional vibrations, protecting the drivetrain and connected equipment from excessive stress and potential damage.
Additionally, proper alignment of the flexible coupling during installation is crucial to ensure its optimal performance in mitigating torsional vibrations. Misalignment can introduce additional stresses and exacerbate torsional issues in the system. Regular inspection and maintenance of the flexible coupling will help identify any signs of wear or damage that may affect its ability to handle torsional vibrations effectively.
Can flexible couplings be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in various applications. The versatility of flexible couplings allows them to adapt to different types of connections and meet the specific requirements of the system.
When connecting a motor to a shaft, a flexible coupling serves as an intermediary component that joins the motor shaft and the driven shaft. Flexible couplings are commonly used in motor-driven systems to accommodate misalignment between the motor and the driven load. In motor applications, flexible couplings help reduce stress and wear on the motor bearings, thus extending the motor's life and enhancing overall system reliability. They also act as vibration dampeners, minimizing vibrations transmitted from the motor to the driven shaft, and subsequently to connected equipment, ensuring smoother operation.
In many mechanical systems, such as those in the manufacturing, automation, and power transmission industries, shaft-to-shaft connections are required. A flexible coupling can bridge the gap between two shafts and transmit torque while accommodating misalignment. This type of coupling is commonly used to connect shafts that are not perfectly aligned due to factors like manufacturing tolerances, thermal expansion, or foundation settling. By allowing for misalignment, the flexible coupling protects the connected components from excessive stresses and ensures efficient power transmission.
Versatility and Advantages:
The ability of flexible couplings to handle both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections makes them versatile solutions for a wide range of industrial applications. Some of the advantages of using flexible couplings in these connections include:
- Minimizing stress and wear on connected components, such as bearings and seals.
- Compensating for misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission.
- Damping vibrations and shock loads, reducing the risk of mechanical failures.
- Protecting equipment from excessive forces, enhancing system reliability.
- Simplifying installation and alignment procedures, reducing downtime.
- Improving overall system performance and operational efficiency.
Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, material handling, automotive, aerospace, robotics, and more. Whether connecting a motor to a shaft or joining two shafts directly, flexible couplings play a crucial role in enhancing the reliability and efficiency of rotating machinery and mechanical systems.
In conclusion, flexible couplings can effectively serve as connectors for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections, providing essential misalignment compensation and protection for connected equipment in various industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-03